LDHS Student Selected to State Board
Lake Dallas ISD is proud to announce that sophomore Noah Payne has been selected as a 2017-18 Teens in the Driver Seat® (TDS) Teen Advisory Board (TAB) member. He will represent students across the state of Texas as a member of the board.
“Noah attended their conference last year in Grapevine, and has headed up each LDHS safe driving project since last spring (including Shattered Dreams this year),” Mrs. Katie Burke, LDHS Student Council Sponsor said. “His hard work for our school and district has paid off, and he now gets to serve on the board for the entire state representing Lake Dallas ISD.”
About TDS (From www.t-driver.com)
Teens in the Driver Seat® is the nation’s first peer-to-peer safety program for young drivers, involving teenagers directly in developing and delivering driving safety messages. The goal of Teens in the Driver Seat® is to raise awareness of the top driving dangers for teens and prevent crashes involving young drivers. The program empowers teens to spread the word among their peers about deadly driving risks and encourage them to make smart choices while behind the wheel and as passengers. Teens in the Driver Seat® is committed to fighting the number-one killer of teenagers in America, but it can only succeed with the involvement and commitment of young people who are represented by the Teens in the Driver Seat® Teen Advisory Board.
What will Teens in the Driver Seat Teen Advisory Board members do?
- Participate in quarterly meetings, as well as respond promptly to periodic e-mail requests for input and feedback
- Actively organize a Teens in the Driver Seat program at your local high school and at neighboring schools in your community
- Assist in organizing program-oriented events and activities in your local community
- Actively visit the Teens in the Driver Seat website: http://www.t-driver.com
- Promote Teens in the Driver Seat contests and special events
- Provide feedback, ideas and opinions on new program materials, safety messages, educational items and related elements
- Provide ideas and insights on how to continue to successfully engage teens and sustain their interest in the Teens in the Driver Seat program
- Serve as an ambassador/leader for Teens in the Driver Seat, leading by example